Fun fact: when I first typed “Liebster” here, it autocorrected to “lobster.”
I’d take a lobster award though, if it meant getting to eat some lobster. That stuff’s tasty.
So here it is, my first blogging award for L’ensemble du jour! I was nominated by the lovely Anya W, of Anya’s Journey, and the fabulous Joanna, of Jersey Fabulous. Being relatively new to the blogging sphere, I wasn’t really sure what a “Liebster” award could possibly mean, so I consulted the all-knowing Google and discovered that “liebster” has German origins and means something along the lines of “kindest” or “sweetheart.” Apparently, it’s a pretty common award, not unlike a chain email, that circulates among us bloggers often.In addition, I’ve also got an OOTD post for you, so we’re hitting two birds with one stone.
THE RULES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate at least 5 bloggers, but no more than 11 who deserve the award
- Tell those bloggers you nominated them
- Create 11 original questions for the nominees to answer.
MY 11 QUESTIONS FROM ANYA’S JOURNEY
- Where are you from?
I was born in Hunan, China, but I was adopted by American parents when I was just 8 months old. I feel kind of badly; sometimes Chinese people will ask me about living in China, or try to speak to me in Mandarin – you know, as a way to connect – and I always have to tell them I really don’t remember anything about my life there.
- What made you start your blog?
It came out of a desire to document all of my outfits. I used to keep a little photo album on my phone of all the different outfits I’d wear in a week to school, and one day, my dad suggested that I take the fashion photos I was already taking and share them online…and here we are.
- How would you describe yourself in a few words?
Introspective, pretentious, happily self-depricating
- What’s your favourite dessert?
To be honest, I’m not much of a dessert person – I’d much rather just eat seconds of whatever meal I was having! But I do rather have a soft spot for good ice cream, particularly buttermilk flavor.
- If you could choose anywhere in the world to live, where would it be?
New York City, no question.
- What’s your current favourite TV show?
You’re gonna laugh, but I’m kinda loving the new My Little Pony series. I grew up with the pandering, early 2000s versions, so it’s nice to see that they’ve updated the franchise to be more modern and mature.
- What’s a goal you wish to achieve in the next few years?
Graduate from college with some good friends and good grades.
- What’s your favourite makeup product?
Hm…probably my Skin79 Super+ Hot Pink BB Cream. I’ve been using this product for 5 years – since I was 13 – and I keep coming back to it. It can be built from light to medium coverage without ever looking cakey and can even be stippled in concentrated areas to make a concealer. I love this thing, so much so that I’ve pretty much stopped wearing foundation.
- What are 3 things that have made you happy today?
I picked flowers and put them in a little mason jar, my skin looked nice, and I did some doodling at work.
- What’s one of your biggest pet peeves?
When people play videos or games in public and don’t silence their phones or use earbuds
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Night owl. I’m most productive at 2AM, when everyone is asleep and it’s nice and quiet.
I nominate anyone reading this who would like to participate in this award! If you do choose to answer the questions I’ve posed, please link to me, lensembledujour.wordpress.com, so I can read your answers!
Here are a few blogs that I have been loving
MY 11 QUESTIONS TO THE NOMINEES
- What do you like best about blogging?
- What’s your favorite article of clothing in your wardrobe?
- What’s your favorite song, and what memories do you associate with it?
- Where all have you traveled in the world? What’s been your favorite place to visit?
- What’s the last thing you ate? Was it any good?
- What’s the last concert you went to? Or, if you haven’t been to a concert, who would you most like to see?
- Coffee or tea?
- What’s your favorite school subject?
- What’s your favorite word?
- What’s your family’s heritage?
- Have you got any pets? If so, what are their names? If not, would you like any?
Looks like that’s it for today, so I’ll see you in the next one! Don’t forget to check me out on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr! For business inquiries, shoot me an email at email@example.com!
Pants: The LOFT
Headband: Altar’d State